The most hyped movie of the year that drives toward the lanes of history was released on 21 July 2023. This movie is a masterpiece of screenplay, casting, and direction. Hollywood movies such as “Oppenheimer is released once a decade. From the day of its release, the movie has maintained the hype evident from the Housefull theatres worldwide. It has already crossed the budget in which it was made and has become profitable now. This movie is giving a cut-throat competition to Margot Robbie’s starred movie, “Barbie”. The movie has already crossed 100 million $ in revenue and is on the way to achieving more heights in the future. The movie is heavily packed with prominent actors such as “Robert Downey Jr”, “Cillian Murphy”, and “Florence Pugh”. Throwing light on the advancement of human technology, this movie depicts the actual story of “Dr Julius Robert Oppenheimer” also referred to as “the father of the atomic bomb”. The movie clears the in-depth details of the “Manhattan Project” and how America had an upper hand in the war by giving sanctum to the Jewish scientists from Germany and other parts of the world. It also showcases the personal relationship of Dr. Oppenheimer with Jean Tatlock. Overall it is one of the most highly rated as well as recommended by viewers and critics. However, a scene from the movie has sparked another controversy and has hurt the sentiments of Hindus worldwide, a religion that even Dr. Oppenheimer himself practiced and believed in despite the fact he was born in a Jewish family.
A little Background of the movie
To begin with, watching Oppenheimer, you must know some facts that lead to its events. You must have seen another Hollywood movie, “The Manhattan Project”, or “Pearl Harbour” or have read about it in history books. These movies follow the events which lead to the devastating bombings of the two cities of Japan, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki. During the second world war, all countries either directly or indirectly were involved in an imaginary race known as the “nuclear race”. Germany was leading in this race but America, Canada, and the U.K. did not want Germany to possess such weapons because it was capable of wiping out the entire human race at the hands of Nazis. To counter-check Germany, these three countries funded the “Manhattan Project” to develop nuclear weapons with Dr. Oppenheimer leading it. They did achieve success and were able to make Japan surrender after it bombed “Pearl Harbour”. America was able to assert its dominance in the world but the destruction it left on the cities of Japan broke the very soul of Dr Opppenheimer. He felt guilt within him and declined the offer from the American authorities to develop a “Hydrogen Bomb”. The authorities could not take no as his answer and set up an inquiry against him. It was at this time Dr. Oppenheimer’s colleagues abandoned him. The movie also consists of appearances of other famous scientists of those times including Albert Einstein, Richard Feynman, and Niels Bohr.
Oppenheimer movie full cast details
All the movies that have been produced till now involve the hard work of a lot of people who invest their time to deliver the end result. From all leading actors, actresses, and directors, to musicians, spot boys, and makeup artists all have to be given credit for their work. Oppenheimer is no less than other movies, the idea for the movie was first institutionalized in September 2021 by Universal Pictures later it was transformed into reality by legendary director, Christopher Nolan. Nolan has made great movies like “Interstellar” and “Batman-trilogy” in the past and has really invested his experience in delivering “Oppenheimer”. He has cast such actors that are lookalike to the theoretical physicists and scientists of those times. The lead role is being played by Cillian Murphy as J. Robert Oppenheimer whom you know from Netlfix’s famous show “Peaky Blinders”. You can surely not think of any other actor that could have done justice to this role as him. The movie takes you to historic alleys where you will find yourself lost for 2 hours. The movie has been co-produced by Emma Thomas and Charles Roven along with Nolan while the music has been composed by Ludwig Göransson. The list of all the people and cast involved has been listed below:
Cillian Murphy as J. Robert Oppenheimer – Now the viewer, in my opinion, should stop anticipating another season of Peaky Blinder because you can see Tommy Shelby here in the lead role. Murphy who has previously worked with Nolan on other projects such as “Batman-Trilogy”, shares a great bond with the director in professional space. Murphy has worked hard to fit the role which includes losing weight as well as reading “Bhagwat Geeta”. The role which he plays is not new to anyone. Dr. Oppenheimer was an American theoretical physicist who hailed from a Jewish family. His contribution to the field of science and “The Manhattan” project changed the entire course of the “second world war” after which was referred to as “father of the atomic bomb”.
Emily Blunt as Katherine Oppenheimer – The Role of Katherine Oppenheimer who is also referred to as “Kitty” is being played by British actress Emily Blunt. Katherine was married to Dr. Oppeheimer and the couple has two children named Peter and Toni. She used to assist her husband at Los Alamos where she was working as a lab technician.
Robert Downey Jr. as Lewis Strauss – The role of another theoretical physicist, who was also Jew is played by none other than the most cherished actor, Robert Downey Jr. His works do not require any explanation as is evident from his Marvel-famed movie, “Ironman” and “The Avengers”. But you will be surprised to see him in a negative role here. He is playing the role of Lewis Strauss who is always skeptical about Oppenheimer’s works and envies him. Lewis always opined Oppenheimer was someone who had forgotten his Jewish heritage. He was the Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission and was the one who opened the investigation against Dr. Oppenheimer.
Florence Pugh as Jean Tatlock – Another actress from Britain Florence Pugh is playing the role of Jean Tatlock in the Oppenheimer movie. Previously she has worked on several projects which include Marvel. She was Yelena Belova in the Black Widow movie. The character that she is playing is Jean Tatlock who is in a romantic relationship with Dr. Oppenheimer. Professionally she is a psychiatrist and a physician. The scene that has sparked a controversy includes her intimate scenes with Dr. Oppenheimer where the religious books for Hindus are shown. They both first met while she was studying and Dr. was a professor at the University of Berkeley. They never got married despite Oppenheimer proposing to her twice. She died at the tender age of 29 and her body was found in mysterious condition by her father. Though being a psychiatrist, she was suffering from chronic depression.
Matt Damon as Leslie Groves – The role of the U.S. military officer, Leslie Groves is being played by popular Hollywood actor Matt Damon. Leslie Groves is deployed as a military engineer in the Manhattan Project. He first met Oppenheimer at the University of California. The officer rose to many ranks while in service and finally retired in 1965.
Jack Quaid as Richard Feynman – You will be thrilled to see Hughie Campbell of the Prime Video series “The Boys” here. The goofy character from “The Boys” is playing the role of young scientist Richard Feynman. Jack Quaid has previously worked in the Spiderman movies and in “The Hunger Games”. He is playing young Richard Feynman who is a well-known figure in the field of science. He was a theoretical Physicist and a jew like Oppenheimer who later won the Nobel Prize. While he was yet to finish his graduate degree, he interned in the Manhattan Project as an intern to procure Uranium while working at Los Alamos Laboratory under Oppenheimer.
Casey Affleck as Boris Pash – The actor from the movies “Ocean’s Twelve”, “To Die For”, and “The Finest Hours” is seen here playing the role of Boris Pash who is a US military intelligence officer. He was leading the panel that was involved in conducting studies in the case of Oppenheimer’s involvement in espionage because Oppenheimer was associated with the Communist Party. The authorities were pretty sure that Oppenheimer was working for the enemy nation. Pash was the one who gave him the clean chit indicating his zero involvement.
Dylan Arnold as Frank Oppenheimer – Frank Oppenheimer is the younger brother of Dr. J Oppenheimer and his role in the movie has been played by Dylan Arnold. He is a professor of particle physics at the University of Colorado. He was also a significant contributor to the Manhattan Project where he amplified uranium enrichment.
Kenneth Branagh as Niels Bohr – Niels Bohr is another physicist in the field of atomic studies and is a Nobel Prize winner. His theories are taught to students in schools and colleges even today. The justice to his role in the movie has been given by the veteran actor Kenneth Branagh.
Tom Conti as Albert Einstein – The role of renowned scientist Albert Einstein in the movie is being played by Scottish actor Tommaso Antonio Conti. He too was a Jewish who took sanctum in the States while Germany was under Hitler’s regime. In the last scene of the movie he and Oppenheimer are shown sharing thoughts on the nuclear reaction.
Matthias Schweighöfer as Werner Heisenberg – The role of another prominent scientist in the field of theoretical physics is being played by Matthias Schweighöfer who is a German actor depicting the contribution of Werner Heisenberg. Like many others, he also is a Nobel Prize laureate of 1032. He was chosen for this prestigious award for his theory regarding quantum mechanics.
Oppenheimer’s movie story explained
- The story is based on true events that occurred prior to and after the Japan bombings by the U.S.A. There is no credibility the facts have been put up accurately but still, an attempt has been made to bring some events from the past to the public. This movie is an attempt to cover the biography of a physicist Dr. Oppenheimer also referred to as “the father of the atomic bomb”. He was the one leading the Manhattan Project but soon had a meltdown after he witnessed the catastrophic scenes after Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bombed. The opening of the movie begins with the introduction of Cillian Murphy as Dr. Oppenheimer who has recently arrived after finishing his doctorate from the University of Göttingenand, Germany. After returning he took up the job of a professor at the University of California, Berkeley where he met Jean Tatlock who was his student there. At the University he met many other prominent scientists of that time.
- The idea of developing an Atom bomb struck him there while he was studying stars’ life cycle. While in Europe Second World War broke out when Germany attacked Poland. All the countries at the time started competing with each other in an attempt to develop the first nuclear weapon. Countries like the USA, Canada, and the UK were aware of Hitler’s intentions and wanted to limit his activities. The three countries forged a union and began the development of the famed project called “The Manhattan Project”. Leslie Grover, a military official approached Dr Oppenhiemer to begin the project to which he agreed. The location was chosen to be in New Mexico in the vicinity of Los Alamos. Dr. Oppeneimer persuaded another scientist to come along to his project and give their contribution.
- Within two years time, the project was successful and the world became witness when the two cities of Japan were bombed where millions of civilians died rendering many others unattended. Though the USA was able to assert dominance and set the world in order the cost that was paid by the Japanese shook Dr. Oppenheimer to the very core of his soul. The power-hungry officials of the USA again approach Dr. so that he could develop Hydrogen bombs but seeing the magnitude of his previous experiment, Oppenheimer declined the offer. Lewis Strauss played by Robert Downey gets a chance to avenge his insult when the authorities round up Oppenheimer for alleged espionage. During such a crucial time, all his colleagues abandoned him but he was later relieved from all the charges and allegations. He is awarded for his work and the movie ends where he and Albert Einstein are having a discussion where he disclosed about the deadly weapon he has created.
Oppenheimer movie and “The Bhagwat Geeta” controversy explained:
BHaagwat Geeta is a sacred book of Hindus. It includes the teachings of Shri Krishna who motivated Arjun to fight Mahabharata. Any religious book should be kept in sacred places and should be read with pure intent but in the Oppenheimer movie, the Bhagwat Geeta is kept in a bedroom where Dr. Oppenheimer and Jean Tatlock are indulged in sexual acts. Florence Pugh who is playing the character of Jean draws “Bhagwat Geeta” and asks Oppenheimer to translate the lines from Sanskrit. Oppenheimer whose character is played by Cillian Murphy, is seen translating the verse “Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds” while moaning. This scene has created outrage among Hindus worldwide and are calling for a boycott.
Here are FAQs regarding the Oppenheimer movie
1. Which movie is better? Oppenheimer or Barbie?
- Many reviewers are already saying it even I can testify that you should choose “Oppenheimer” instead of “Barbie”. It has become a highly-rated movie within days of its release. The movie shared screens with Margot Robbie’s “Barbie”. Though “Barbie” was made at a higher cost than Oppenheimer, people are preferring “Oppenheimer” instead.
- The screens in “Oppenheimer” are witnessing houseful while the viewership for “Barbie” movie is declining the main reason is its cast. Though Robbie is the most expensive actress, “Oppenheimer” too does not lag behind. It has cast “Robert Downey Jr”, ” Cillian Murphy” and “Jack Quaid” who drag larger viewers owing to their previous works. “Barbie” is female-centric and depicts an extensive amount of feminism whereas Oppenheimer is based on historical events that changed the course of humanity. The box office collection for Oppenheimer is larger and sits at around 180 million dollars while for Barbie it has barely crossed 70 million dollars.
- Oppenheimer has bagged 9/10 in the IMDb platform in terms of reviews while “Barbie” has managed an average score of 7.6/10. “Oppenheimer” is recommended by 94% of viewers on the Rotten Tomatoes platform while “Barbie” has managed only 90%. Even in Google reviews, it is rated 4 out of 5 while the score is just 3 in the case of Barbie.
2. Oppenheimer vs Barbie movie collection
“Barbie” involved a much larger VFX team while “Oppenheimer” was least involved which spiked the production cost of Barbie to 100 million dollars. The Oppenheimer movie is clearly seen defeating Barbie in terms of earning revenues. Both the movies were released on the same day on 21 July 2023 but “Oppenheimer” has crossed the 150 million dollar mark and is moving towards 200 million dollars soon. “Barbie” on the other hand is seen faltering below 100 million dollars and is highly doubted it will make up the production cost because viewership is limited and people are deflecting towards Oppenheimer. Barbie and Oppenheimer stand at around 70 million USD and 175 million USD respectively making Oppenheimer the clear winner.
3. Was Dr. J. Robert Oppenheimer a Hindu?
Dr. J. Robert Oppenheimer was born in a Jewish family in the USA but was heavily inclined towards Hinduism. You will be surprised to know that he could read and write in Sanskrit. He was deeply impressed by ancient Indian mythology and followed “The Bhagwat Geeta” diligently. It was the teachings of “The Bhagwat Geeta” that helped him to overcome the trauma from the catastrophic events of Japan’s atomic bombings. There is also a viral video that is available on YouTube where he is seen beginning his speech after reciting verses from “Bhagwat Geeta” in an interview.
4. What is the Oppenheimer movie release date?
The movie was released on 21 July 2023 and the work for the movie began two years ago in September 2021. Many viewers are unaware of the fact that the movie premiered at Le Grand Rex which is in Paris on 11 July 2023 but was publically available on 21 July.
5. Where can I watch Oppenheimer’s movie?
It is not available on any OTT platforms like Netflix, Prime, or Hotstar but you can use some of the torrent websites that will provide you with Oppenheimer movies for free. Since all these sites provide torrent links for the files these files are pirated ones and watching pirated content is a punishable offence in many countries. The punishment involves a fine or imprisonment. You should always refrain from downloading any such content.
6. Oppenheimer movie Filmyzilla
Filmyzilla is a top-notch site when it comes to watching any web series or movies. It has minimum pop-ups and ads you can download your movie in various formats available. For the Oppenheimer movie, the formats available are 320p, 480p, 720, 1080p, and even 4k and 8k. It also provides multiple languages dubbed movies which mainly include English, Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam etc.
7. Oppenheimer full movie download in hindi filmywap
Filmywap is another advanced site where Oppenheimer is now available in all formats such as 480p, 720, and 1080p. You can simply search for Oppenheimer in the search bar or select from the What’s New menu. Here the site is regularly updated and new movies and web series are added frequently.
8. Oppenheimer movie download in kuttymovies
Your third option to download the Oppenheimer movie in HD quality is kuttymovies. This website helps you to choose movies alphabetically and provides unlimited content for free.
9. Oppenheimer movie link in Telegram
Telegram is a social media app but it also allows you to share files that include the latest movies such as Oppenheimer that are shared by others. You can search for your desired movie or series in the search bar which will give you the links to a couple of channels. You can simply download the particular file in a similar way you download on Whats app.
10. Oppenheimer movie download from pagalworld
Pagalworld provides you with a variety of options among genres where you can select the movie. It also provides you with an option to online stream the movie without downloading it which will save space on your device.
11. Oppenheimer movie download tamilrockers
Tamilrockers is one of the old sites and is reliable in terms of content. Here you will find the movies along with some sample screenshots which will give you an idea about the print quality of the file.
12. Oppenheimer movie download in tamil moviesda
If you are unable to understand English or Hindi movies, you can rely on moviesda. This website provides all movies including Oppenheimer dubbed in Tamil. Apart from this, you can also check some content from Tamil, Kananda, Malayalam, or Telugu industries here.
Apart from these, you can also visit sites that are mentioned below:
- vega movies
- Movierulz, etc.
All these websites provide you with a wide range of content of movies, web series, animation, and documentaries, belonging to the following genres:
- Pakistani Drama
- South Indian
- Science fiction
- Historical drama
- Historical Fiction
- Romantic comedy
- Dark comedy
- Animated film
- Martial Arts
- B Grade
- Action Comedy
- Hindi cinema
Important Disclaimer before accessing these websites:
- All these websites are loosely regulated therefore you must ensure the safety of your device first before proceeding. Do not accept their terms and conditions. All these websites are torrent websites and provide free movies. You should not fill in your personal details and payment details if asked by any website. There are scammers who create a look-alike replica of these famous websites and lure people to scam them financially.
- All these websites are torrent websites and do not comply with piracy rules and regulations. You should not encourage any such activity on your behalf. There is a lot of hard work involved in making a movie or web series and by indulging in piracy, you easily bypass the hard work done by people who have invested countless hours in developing the content.
- Lastly, the contents of these websites spread across many genres such as horror and sex. Movies and web series sometimes include gruesome killings and murders that are not suitable for all types of audiences. Even sex scenes are sometimes not censored which makes viewers below a particular age vulnerable to such content. At all points, the discretion of the viewer is required.